Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage dining experience possible while assisting in the creation of a profitable department that is environmentally responsible. Follows the brand standards from the beginning of the service cycle through the entire dining process. Exhibits strong menu and beverage/wine knowledge, is professional and gracious while enhancing the dining experience through outstanding service skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves our guests in accordance with Marriott standards as Food and Beverage quality and presentation in a friendly, gracious and professional manner.
- Maximizes bar revenue by using selling techniques such as up-selling.
- Check work area at the beginning of shift for cleanliness of countertop, tables, chairs and stools.
- Set up and break down bar.
- Lock up liquor and store fruit juices properly.
- Accept drink orders from servers in proper calling order
- Red line all drink orders for servers before order leaves service areas.
- Make cocktails in accordance with Marriott Beverage Standards using standard jigger.
- Informs guests of all food, beverage, and bar promotional activities.
- Be knowledgeable of procedures in the event of a system failure.
- Maintain station and service area in a clean, safe and organized manner.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and minimize time required to check out.
- Protect the rate and credit integrity of the hotel.
- Follow the “clean as you go” policy.
- Be knowledgeable of how to use the MICROS system to input orders and prepare guest checks.
- Follow correct procedures for taking guest orders, ringing all items ordered into MICROS.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled in neat and complete uniform including name tag and basics card.
- Maintains communications with other departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complete daily checklists.
- Attend Service Excellence within the first 60 days of employment.
- TIPS certification is required within the first 30 days of employment.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management that the associate is capable of performing.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand and comprehend English. -required
- Must be 21 years old. -required
- 3 years Guest Service experience. -required
- Experience in hospitality industry. -preferred
- Bartending experience. -highly preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. -required
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours at a time. -required
- Must be able to bend, crouch, crawl, climb and kneel. -required
- Must be able to become TIPS certified within 30 days of employment. -required
- Must be willing to purchase and wear slip resistant shoes within the first week of work. -required
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and evenings. -required
- In-person interviews. -required
Schedule: 5 days per week. Shifts may vary. Bar is open 11am-2am.
The budgeted range starts at $9.35. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
One Job – Double the Benefits. Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott’s nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343149