Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
This position is primarily concerned with general organization of cafeteria staff at the Alps Chalet, as well as the guest experience.
Supervises the work of a group of direct reports. Responsible for performance management and evaluations; staffing, enforcing schedules, policies and procedures. Directs day to day work of employees through supervision. Supervisory responsibilities may be limited to a specific shift or portion of a function, facility or location. May assist with training, payroll or other duties assigned by upper management.
- Supervises daily operation, manages food/service program to standards
- Responsible for providing quality guest experiences within resort operations.
- Responsible for mitigating any escalated guest service concerns
- Ability to delegate responsibility, motivate, and lead direct reports to achieve goals and objectives.
- Direct staff in meeting quality standards for food handling and preparation, safety and sanitation.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities in daily operation.
- Responsible for attending numerous resort wide meetings and communicating all relevant information to appropriate team members.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the buildings.
- Maintain knowledge of restaurant policies regarding personnel and ability to administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any, and all, violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Responsible for helping cashiers with banks, making deposits, and the paperwork associated with it.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, regulations in food service.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of Vail Resorts and Afton Alps.
- Create and maintain a productive and safe work environment, including implementing and retaining all company mandated safety-related training and assessments.
- Responsible for opening the restaurant/building including unlocking doors, counting the safe, assigning cash drawers and any other opening duties needed to operate the restaurant.
- Responsible for closing the restaurant/building including ensuring all side work is complete, safe and drawers are counted and returned to a locked safe, closing reports are complete and any other closing duties for the restaurant are complete prior to locking-up.
- Assist with monthly inventory process as needed.
- Assist with daily pre-shifts.
- Understands and maintains set standards; organization, time management, cleanliness, dress codes, etc.
- Supports, maintains, and participates in company goals, philosophies and programs.
- Ability to train and motivate employees to deliver service standards.
- Responsible for providing friendly service to guests (internal and external) while accomplishing other job duties.
- Cash handling, including accepting various forms of payment and making change correctly.
- Customer service and resolving issues and assisting guests with questions or issues.
- Assist with the production of menu items as needed
- Ability to operate basic kitchen equiptment, including but not limited to: oven, flat-top, deep-fryer and dishwashing machine
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluent in English, written and spoken - required
- TIPS and ServSafe will be required upon hire
- 1 year F&B specific work experience - required
- 1 year supervisory F&B work experience - strongly preferred
- Prior POS or similar experience - strongly preferred
- Holidays, weekends, evenings - required
- Slip resistant shoes - required
- Able to lift 40 lbs, with full range of motion
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343319