Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Mountain Safety attendant works to uphold the highest levels of guest and employee safety on the mountain, as well as promotes the Skier Responsibility Code and Vail Resorts' safety policies and procedures. This position focuses on the education, communication, outreach, and enforcement of safe skiing and riding, and also serves as an ambassador for guest service and resort knowledge.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising and maintaining the highest levels of guest safety while skiing/boarding and standing at on mountain stations, on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Enforcing the Skier Responsibility Code and Resort policies with guests and employees including revocation of lift tickets or passes and instructing guests and employees on appropriate behavior.
- Answering guest questions regarding terrain, directions, and other resort/town information in a professional friendly manner.
- Placing and monitoring signage and baffles in slow ski zones.
- Checking trails for safety hazards, placing ropes and packing or shoveling snow.
- Lifting equipment which may include baffles, signage, padding, and/or toboggans.
- High School or Equivalent - required.
- Must be 18 years of age by December 1st – required
- Three years of work experience or post-secondary school—required
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) - required.
- Must have excellent guest service skills - required.
- Must have excellent communication skills - required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment - required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends - required.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions - required.
- Must pass on-mountain ski/ride test (equivalent to PSIA Level 7) - required.
- Must provide own personal ski/ride equipment - required.
- Must work well in a team.
- Previous resort operational experience - preferred.
- Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 221411