Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Stowe Mountain Resort is seeking a full time, year round Mechanical Technician. Under the general supervision of the Building Maintenance Department, the Mechanical Technician will take a lead role in maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing the resort’s HVAC, plumbing and mechanical systems. This position must also perform general maintenance tasks for the resort’s unique infrastructure as part of a team.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance of mechanical systems, utilities, equipment and commercial kitchen appliances.
- Lead equipment installations and repair of mechanical systems including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, and other mechanical equipment.
- Perform daily building inspections as assigned. This includes a check of all building systems (life safety, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.) and a condition/safety inspection of the interior and exterior of the assigned building. Create work orders to address issues.
- Perform asset condition assessments, report defects/concerns that require attention and enter corrective work orders.
- Complete assigned work orders in a safe and timely manner
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate daily and future workload; develop scope, options, and budgets for tasks and projects.
- Requisition materials, parts, tools, equipment and services needed for work assignments; pick up materials as needed.
- Order/request and maintain required inventory of materials for assigned areas. Determine required stock levels for common use materials.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and energy efficiency improvements
- Communicate effectively with facility managers, employees, contractors and other departments to coordinate work and provide updates regarding work status – verbally and in writing
- Maintain accurate records of all work activities: Track time and materials, turn in appropriate paperwork, ensure all billable time is appropriately allocated
- Abide by all safety & environmental rules and regulations from corporate, State and Federal agencies. Complete all required training. Follow all standard operating procedures.
- Provide hands on and formal training to entry and intermediate maintenance staff when required.
- Provide team leadership as needed and in the absence of the manager
- Keep all work areas and job sites clean and orderly with consideration for company property and guest experience as well as the safety of co-workers and guests.
- Maintain and track all company tools and assets which are used regularly or have been issued to employee
- Use standard office equipment, including a computer, in the course of work
- Perform snow and ice removal tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Maintenance Coordinator
- Ten years of facilities maintenance experience focused on mechanical systems such as heating, ventilating, plumbing, refrigeration and/or air conditioning.
- High school diploma or completion of a trade school or trade certificate program is required.
- Strong understanding of Vermont adopted mechanical and building codes and industry standards
- Ability to maintain, diagnose and repair systems, replace components and/or install new equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance and operational tasks across different trades and building systems.
- Extensive technical knowledge of the operation, installation, repair and maintenance of facility systems.
- Must be able to work individually/unsupervised as well as part of team
- Must possess willingness to assist with the overall needs of the department and resort.
- Ability to communicate (spoken and written) effectively and clearly to customers and all levels of staff.
- Capable of using computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS-Fiix), Building Automation Systems and controls, electronic access systems.
- Lead with safety and lead by example – identify and correct safety improvement opportunities.
- Maintain a professional appearance and deliver exceptional guest service.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with seasonal weekend, night, and holiday requirements
- Must be comfortable working outside in extreme weather conditions
- Job requires standing for long periods of time, frequent walking, reaching, climbing and good balance, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., work at heights, confined spaces, ladders (up to 40’), utility spaces, remote locations, and use resort transportation (ride lifts, groomer, ATV/UTV)
- Valid US Driver's License – ability to drive various company vehicles
- Knowledge of proper use of power tools, hand tools and other industry equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot controls and electrical systems with amp meters, voltmeters.
- Ability to read mechanical schematics, mechanical prints, equipment manuals, specifications, flow diagrams and nameplates.
- Ability to operate building management systems and use building/equipment controls systems to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Be a positive influence on the team, lead with our values and have a growth mindset – even in high pressure situations
- Observe all employee rules and regulations, observe all applicable safety standards and company safety policies. Contribute to a culture of safety.
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 317187