Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
The Analyst of Hospitality Finance and Accounting is primarily responsible for the correct and accurate transaction accounting for 3rd party owned properties operated by Vail Resorts via Hotel Management Agreements. In addition, this position would provide analytical insight into the budget and forecast for our managed properties as well as prepare monthly reporting packages and commentary for 3rd party hotel owners.
This position would report to the Manager of Hospitality Finance.
- Ensure accurate books and records for 3rd party managed properties
- Assist with producing monthly financial packages for 3rd party hotel owners
- Daily and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Guest ledger and system maintenance across multiple PMS systems
- Communicate with hospitality field operators on a regular basis to gather information and provide insight on financial results and market trends
- Liaison with 3rd party owners and Vail Resort’s shared service center relating to ad hoc requests and problem resolution
- Month-end closing journal entries as necessary
- Ad hoc analysis of the managed properties results and key trends as requests by the Senior Manager and/or Director of Hospitality Finance
- 1-3 years of Finance and/or Accounting experience
- Previous exposure to budget and forecasting processes
- Experience and/or exposure to balance sheet reconciliations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Previous experience using Property Management software and/or PeopleSoft
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent guest service skills
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 217094