If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
The Food and Beverage (F&B) Organization is comprised of over 300 different restaurants that share a commitment to bringing excellence to mountain dining as part of the overall ski experience. The Sous Chef is responsible for the overall quality of food and service at a restaurant. Assisting with the management of kitchen environment in an on-mountain dining outlet. Ensure staff and food quality provides guests with an excellent dining experience on a daily basis.
- Assist with menu execution, production, station playbooks and delivery
- Food safety and employee safety across all operations
- Ensures entire outlet operates under HACCP guidelines and adheres to Serve Safe Culinary Guidelines
- Help with performance reviews and scheduling of staff to budgeted labor. Assist by resolving payroll exceptions, approvals, and labor distribution reports
- Assist Chef with ordering/receiving, stocking and rotation of product, cost transfers, variance reports and inventory control of all food, beverages, supplies, etc. purchased for the entire building
- Conducts routine line checks and maintains food quality of all food served and produced
- Culinary team development and training
- Key role in hiring and retaining all food service personnel
- Use of in-depth knowledge of classical and contemporary culinary techniques
- Must adhere to Vail Resorts Standard Operating Procedures
- Minimum 3 years in high volume restaurant operation
- Minimum 3 years of direct management/supervisory experience
- Purchasing Systems, MS Office Suite, POS experience
- Serve Safe Certification or equivalent State Issues Food Handler Card Preferred
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Culinary Degree
- Advanced Culinary Skills
The budgeted range starts at $43,000 - $55,250. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343119