Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Summary of Job:
Maintain proper controls and security of all food, beverage and supply inventories located within the confines of the Purchasing Warehouse and liquor storage. Maintain adequate levels of inventories to properly service our guests and departments. Oversees all operations, typically through Lead or Supervisory staff, including receiving, storing, tracking and movement of goods. Partners with management staff from other departments to resolve problems as needed. Manages and trains all warehouse personnel, receiving clerk and delivery driver. You are expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. You have specific responsibilities within these areas and are expected to understand them.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for up to 8 employees including scheduling, approving timesheets, payroll, resolving payroll errors, monitoring overtime hours worked. Maintains adequate payroll costs in line with budgeted levels.
- Secures access to the facility. Holder of keys to warehouse. Responsible for opening and locking warehouse.
- Oversees staff in proper warehouse procedures, safety, security, sanitation, and in ordering of all supplies in the warehouse.
- Purchases supplies, food and beverage items, per agreed upon par levels with Executive Chef and Director of F&B.
- Prior to season opening, ensures that par levels are established for all outlets and update “Order Guides” in purchasing software.
- Organizes and supervise all monthly inventories of food and beverage. Perform spot inventories, throughout the month.
- Management of proper accounting procedures, inventory and payment of all products; review open receiver reports each month, properly correcting purchase orders and invoices.
- Works with OnBase, along with the AP Department to ensure all invoices are received correctly and paid in a timely manner.
- Confirms all invoices are scanned and emailed to AP in a timely manner and in compliance with SOX.
- Using the purchasing software, confirm all items issued from warehouse are transferred out correctly.
- Use computer to check for orders, print orders for clerks to pull and deliver to outlets. Issue items out of computer. Provide receiving report to requesting outlets.
- Verifies items received are put away according to food safety and storage requirements.
- Ensures all US mail, UPS and Fed Ex items are delivered to the respective locations upon our receipt.
- Ensures that goods being delivered are properly requisitioned, issued and signed for by the receiving location.
- Reports inventory levels of forms and printed materials monthly, submit inventory to appropriate purchaser.
- Implements the company's Hazard Communication Program by ensuring safe use of cleaning/chemical products.
- Confirms employees will actively participate in training, observe company policies and procedures, and promote all company values relative to protecting the natural environment.
- Responsible for proper, safe and efficient use of the warehouse supply truck
- Prepares year-end reports and inventories at end of season.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills
- Previous warehouse and inventory experience
- Minimum 3 year Supervisory experience in related field
- Valid driver’s license including motor vehicle record check
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft office)
- English speaking/writing/reading/comprehension
- Shipping & Receiving experience
- Purchasing & Accounting experience
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 444147