Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Stowe Mountain Resort is currently seeking dependable, hard-working individuals to join our Custodial Maintenance Team. These positions will assist our year round team members in completing summer and fall maintenance tasks to prepare us for the winter season. The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Perform, document and help to ensure compliance with daily and periodic inspections to meet all applicable regulations.
- Maintaining resort facilities from a cleanliness standpoint, working with a team or independently.
- Daily upkeep of associated facilities, tools & equipment.
- Daily inspections of facilities and vehicles.
- Proactively communicate maintenance needs to ensure timely ordering of parts and equipment
- Engage with guests and staff while exhibiting Vail Resorts Core Values
- Assist with operation of activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License & Satisfactory Driving Record (in accordance with VR Drivers Policy).
- Must be able and willing to work 1st and 2nd shifts, have flexibility.
- Must be able and willing to work weekends & holidays.
- Able and willingless to ride Gondola & Fourrunner Quad lifts.
- Must be able to lift up to perform medium work (defined as exerting up to 50lbs of force occasionally).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Basic education preferred
- Previous experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills: communicates in a positive, solution oriented way to proactively address maintenance and operational needs
- Teamwork: able to work effectively with activities leadership and other department staff to plan, schedule, and complete maintenance tasks on time (base operations)
- Organizational skills: able to organize and accomplish a wide variety of tasks and prioritize daily work to maximize productivity and efficient maintenance of all activities
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a highly dynamic work environment
- Ability to learn to use chemicals as directed.
- Must possess visual acuity necessary for visual inspection involving work at a distance at or within arm's reach and sanitation.
- Free lift passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 318309