We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Assistant Manager of Patrol will assist in all aspects of overseeing the Whistler Blackcomb Patrol. This is a managerial position tasked with performing at a high level, capable of prioritizing and strategizing all facets of the job with the intent of aligning the team internally, with the core competencies and values of the Company. The job requires strong leadership qualities, the ability to problem-solve, think creatively, and have the ability to build a positive, winning culture and high-performing team.
Position Status: Winter Seasonal Salaried Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as they have predefined start and end dates. These dates may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
This job description is an overview of the scope and responsibilities of the role and is not an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations that you may be asked to perform. The responsibilities of this position may change to support the patrol team and mountain operations.
- Deliver an “Experience of a Lifetime” to our guests and employees. Promotes a guest service culture within the department.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of Patrol and Mountain Safety, including all facets of guest service, guest and employee safety, medical care, snow safety, mountain maintenance, lift evacuation, rope rescue and SAR.
- Possesses strong team management skills and has the capacity to develop the team leadership skills of others including patrol Team Leads, Principals, Specialists, and front line staff.
- Has a good understanding of Whistler Blackcomb and Vail procedures and leads by example by abiding by company SOP’s and SOG’s.
- Promotes a safety based culture by ensuring the facilitation of safety meetings and safe practices, as well as driving Vail based initiatives such as SAFARI, Honeycomb Incidents Reviews and Safety Spotlights.
- Utilizes time management daily and delegation to ensure essential tasks are completed and coach as necessary.
- Conducts administrative duties such as goal setting, performance appraisals and management, overseeing and ensuring the quality assurance of training, scheduling, work comp, payroll, budget management and anything else necessary for the successful operation of the Patrol.
- Functions appropriately in the absence of the Ski Patrol Manager and/or Senior Manager.
- Works closely with other on-mountain departments, managers, and third party agencies.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mountain operations including but not limited to: snowmaking, grooming, risk management, terrain parks, lift maintenance, race crew, lift operations, mountain safety, and mountain dining and special events.
- Manages first and foremost with the Vail Leadership Competencies and Values, using the behavioral anchors as a guidance on management style.
- Demonstrates Vail Resorts Competencies: Re-Imagine, Out Front, Drive, Develop, Connect, Passion
- Exhibits Vail Resorts Values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun. Holds self and team accountable to these company core values. Actively participates in maintaining a culture of equality and collaboration within the department.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of ski patrolling – risk management, first aid, snow safety including CAA level 1.
- Unrestricted BC Driver’s License and Drivers Abstract mandatory.
- Capable of skiing all terrain levels under all conditions.
- Strong ability to remain calm and make sound decisions while under pressure and in emergency situations.
- Working computer knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Sheets/Docs and able to navigate Vail Resorts Platforms.
- Must be able to handle conflict with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be successful with influencing a positive culture, change, empowering the workforce and driving employee engagement.
- Proof of clear criminal record check
- 3 years Supervisory experience
- 5 years Ski Patrol experience
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 345787