Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Ski School Operational Support Staff members provide assistance indoors and outdoors for the successful daily operation of our Children’s Ski and Snowboard School programs. Customer service and organization are the keys to this fun opportunity. Specific duties will change from day-to-day depending on the needs of the ski school and the business levels.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide enthusiastic, professional guest service and assist to direct our guests to their desired destination
- Daily set up and tear down of outdoor teaching areas with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is sharp, professional in appearance, and consistently set up to optimally utilize teaching terrain and teaching tools within the area.
- Assist customers and instructors with the morning check-in process
- Have an understanding or willing to learn our rental shop processes, including how relevant paperwork is filled out and recorded, how equipment is checked in and out, how to fit and size guests for ski and snowboard equipment, repair and maintenance of rental fleet, and current with appropriate DIN Certification.
- Support instructors in the learning area by assisting with restroom breaks, loading and unloading conveyor lifts, and actively engaging with children who may need additional attention
- Assist with ticket and lesson sales, rental sales, and general ability to work and assist guest in purchasing our products
- Assist in fulfilling products for the next day arrivals
- Ability to assist lift operations in running SSBS oriented conveyors and magic carpets
- Assistance with daily lunch process including, table set up, serving, clean up, and safety oriented procedures
- Daily set up and tear down of indoor facilities with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is clean, orderly, welcoming, and conducive to operating efficiently.
- Understanding of and compliance with relevant food handling safety code.
- Understanding of and compliance with relevant health code for facility cleanliness including common areas, toys, equipment, etc.
- Able to withstand some exposure to cold and inclement weather
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Physical strength and ability to respond appropriately to emergency or unplanned situations
- Desire to work with, and relate to children, guests and peers
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, guest service driven environment
- Ability to remain calm under stress and pressure
- Ability to communicate and work with assigned ages and staff
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and be highly organized
- Provide a good role model, demonstrate integrity, and adaptability
- Must be available to work most holidays and weekends
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 221808