Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As of Nov.15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Bartenders are responsible for ensuring all guests have the highest quality experience possible. They need to provide outstanding service for our guests through their knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, cocktails, and the food menu combined with an attentive and personable attitude.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with and receive information from guests and co-workers.
- Maintain great guest relations; interact with guests in a pleasant, but professional manner.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and handle high volume service demands.
- Exhibits strong beer, wine, liquor, cocktail and food menu knowledge.
- Perform cashier duties: set up cash drawer, take payment, return correct change, and cash out at the end of shift.
- Communicates all necessary and important information with F&B team.
- Adhere to all state liquor laws.
- Adhere to all state health regulations.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of Vail Resorts and Afton Alps.
- Ability to check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Maintain safe and clean work area (bar top, equipment, and tables).
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Serve wine, liquor, and bottled or draft beer responsibly.
- Intermediate bartending skills.
- Assist other departments, as needed.
- Adhere to and role model the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Be knowledgeable about the food and beverages being served
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Strong communication and team work skills.
- Computer Skill - POS (IG) proficiency.
- Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior to starting work. Shoes must be provided by the employee.
- Strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Previous bartending experience - Possess strong wine, liquor, and beer knowledge.
- Must demonstrate ability to receive direction and act upon it.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 360868