We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The primary purpose of the Sr. Director of Analytics position will be to leverage a data-driven approach to drive the continued evolution of the strategic analytic capabilities within the organization. This involves leading a team of ~20+ analytics professionals to achieve business outcomes in line with the Strategic Priorities of the company.
In addition to leading the Analytics team, the Sr. Director must be a respected strategic partner to other key leaders within the marketing lines of business (Season Pass, Paid Lift Tickets, Ski and Ride School, Rental) and marketing functions (CRM, Media, Digital), demonstrating the ability to drive the consumption and adoption of insights throughout the marketing organization. This role will be responsible for constantly assessing the analytics needs of the company, building a robust analytic roadmap to take the analytic capabilities to the next level, while simultaneously demonstrating strong leadership capabilities to produce and develop great talent within the organization.
The mission of the Analytics team is to leverage proprietary set of guest data to generate actionable strategic insights that unlock value for the business. The Analytics team is responsible for providing analytics support to each marketing line of business, each of our marketing channels (e.g. Paid Media, Relationship Marketing), Data Science and Data Engineering, and our Mountain Division (i.e. Operations Analytics). The analytics support for each key marketing line of business (Season Pass, Paid Lift Tickets, Ski and Ride School, Rental) includes strategic planning and design, performance reporting, and building out analytic uses cases. Centralized analytics encompasses the evaluation of behavior by guest segment, measurement of marketing effectiveness, and development of insights and models to help inform marketing decisions across multiple marketing channels.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- [Strategic vision] Set the strategic vision and develop a clear roadmap for the Analytics team and function. Identify the highest impact analytic uses cases across the organization, and synthesize a coherent roadmap to make the vision a reality.
- [Leadership] Demonstrate strong leadership through the robust development of talent on the analytics team, showing high emotional intelligence and self-awareness of how actions impact the team and stakeholders, showing ambition to overcome obstacles, and the learning agility to tackle and solve new and increasingly complex problems.
- [Partnership] Partner with marketing leaders to provide analytical input to decisions and evaluation of marketing effectiveness. Drive consumption and utilization of marketing analytics insights to create impactful business outcomes across marketing lines of business and functions (Relationship Marketing, Digital, Media)
- [Communication] Translate detailed analytic output into clear, concise, and articulate executive summaries for consumption by the CMO, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- [Testing] Design guidelines for goals, setup, and evaluation of marketing experimentation. Push the inclusion of tests and controls where appropriate and develop the ad-hoc and recurrent analysis to evaluate success of these tests.
- [Guest Data] As the business owner, collaborate with IT to grow and enhance the Vail Resorts guest database. This includes but is not limited to ongoing evolution of data capture and guest data integration and partnership on data governance needs.
- [Standardization] Ensure processes, tools and documentation are in place to support efficient and consistent marketing analysis across the organization. Standardize methodology for addressing common questions.
- [Knowledge Base] Lead the creation and maintenance of an accessible knowledge base and archive of past analyses in order to facilitate cross-resort and cross-functional learning
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Business, Economics, Marketing, Mathematics, or Engineering) required; concentration in Marketing, Analytics Marketing, Data Science or Analytics preferred
- Graduate degree in business, data science, or other physical science from a top tier program preferred
- Work experience
- Experience building and leading teams in analyzing marketing programs, developing analytics use cases within marketing, interpreting results, developing strategic plans based upon data, and formulating recommendations to drive business outcomes. 5+ years leading large (10+) teams preferred.
- Strong organizational, leadership and project management skills are essential. Must be able to lead a large team, think strategically, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very strong quantitative skills with demonstrated success in analytical roles. 5+ years of experience in highly analytic role preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with data visualization. Experience with visualization tools like Tableau or similar preferred.
- Experience leading a Data Science Program strongly preferred
- Broad marketing knowledge and demonstrated success using disparate consumer data to improve marketing decision-making on a large scale.
- Demonstrated success summarizing complex concepts and insights to senior leadership within an organization in a succinct, visual, and compelling fashion.
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication, adjusting message to audience. Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience across a diverse range of marketing functions (Media, Digital, Database, Email, etc.) highly beneficial, including hands-on experience leading in-depth analysis related to channel-specific engagement.
- Hospitality or travel industry experience helpful but not required; broad marketing experience in a company driven by analytics is essential; 3-5 years of direct marketing strategy experience is preferred
- Consulting experience is highly beneficial, must have demonstrated success developing relationships across an organization and influencing outside reporting lines
- Highly collaborative approach and open communication style
The budgeted range starts at $157,200 - $196,500 + annual bonus + equity. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343142