Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Product Sales and Services (PSS) Supervisor is responsible for the overall guest service experience when dealing with both internal and external guests. World-class guest service focuses on quality control, increased sales generation through exceptional understanding of product offerings and scope of services throughout the resort. The supervisor will manage daily operations and communications for a PSS location.
- Supervise sales of lift tickets/passes and/or ski & snowboard school private and group lesson products.
- Facilitate sales or redemption of travel agent, wholesale and advance purchase tickets, passes and ski & snowboard school products.
- Oversee guest information services, both in-person and over the phone. Some locations will only serve guests via the phone.
- Administer reservations for PSS products and/or on-mountain restaurants and activities.
- Required ability to troubleshoot and solve problems arising from guest dissatisfaction.
- Expand understanding of underlying computer/scanning systems and product functionality in order to efficiently answer questions and resolve issues.
- Monitor and maintain sales facilities, equipment and accompanying signage.
- Maintain appropriate office supplies including vault inventory and ensure tracked spending falls within expense budget.
- Oversee all opening/closing and sales functions in a fiscally accurate and timely manner, additionally comply with and fully implement all regulations.
- Manage administrative needs for the office, including but not limited to staff hiring and termination, employee documentation and payroll.
- Responsible for training, supervising and developing staff, while upholding company policies and procedures.
- Manage labor budget and staff schedules based upon business volume and guest service levels.
- Provide on-going job performance feedback and coaching to staff and complete mid-season and end-of-season performance appraisals.
- Create a positive and professional work environment and assist with other duties as assigned.
- Support data driven initiatives and goals.
- High School graduate or equivalent - preferred.
- Fluent in all aspects of English - required.
- Two years guest service experience - required.
- Ability to communicate professionally - required.
- Computer experience (Windows XP, Excel, Microsoft Word proficiency) - required.
- One year cash handling experience preferred - required.
- At least one year Product Sales and Services Department and Resort Point-of-Sale experience - preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience - preferred.
- Spanish speaking ability - preferred.
- Resume required with application - required.
- Children's Ski and Snowboard School: A background check will be required.
The budgeted range starts at $22. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 456254