Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Type: Year Round
Job Classification: Full Time
Location: Crested Butte, CO
The Assistant Front Office Manager (AFOM) coordinates the front office operations, in conjunction with the Front Office Manager, at the Lodge at Mountaineer Square in Crested Butte. The AFOM ensures that each guest and owner receives personalized and welcoming guest service, from arrival to departure, and addresses any guest service issues as appropriate. She/he ensures that all front office policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to. The AFOM should be a team player who trains and provides ongoing coaching to staff to provide excellent guest service while following all hotel and front office policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and tenacious problem solver willing to put the guest first in all situations. He/she will possess strong guest service and professional bearing, a positive personality, be a problem solver, good with numbers and accounting, able to multi-task, and work diligently to improve the work place for employees and guests.
The AFOM should conduct oneself with safety in mind and undertake all job requirements in a manner which will guarantee a safe environment for oneself, guests and fellow associates.
- Responsible for supervising, training, coaching and empowering Front Desk staff in Hotel Front Office operations, guest service, guest security and safety.
- Ensure Front Office staff follow all Front Office and hotel policies and procedures, staff are well presented (uniforms, personal hygiene etc.) and also punctual.
- The AFOM is expected to provide exemplary guest service to all guests at all times and to ensure a satisfactory guest arrival and departure experience for guests and homeowners. This includes reviewing Front Office guest service scores on a weekly basis, achieving survey goals, addressing any service issues with staff, and coaching staff to provide guest service that provides and experience of a lifetime while following guest service protocol.
- Responsible for owner and owner guest arrival and departure experience, addressing owner questions regarding availability of unit, including inspecting unit, addressing any concierge requests, checking in /out owners whenever possible and in general ensuring that each owner receives excellent guest service throughout their stay.
- Responsible for reservation room assignments, including ensuring that all guest requests are met, accuracy of room assignments, addressing and resolving any double-booking issues, communicating last-minute room changes to housekeeping
- Responsible for keeping accurate bookkeeping records including collecting on all receivables and correcting any billing discrepancies.
- Responsible for ordering operating supplies required for front office operations and adhering to budget.
- Other tasks and assignments as required.
- Education: Undergraduate degree, preferred
- Computer Operations: excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, knowledge of booking channels some property management system experience, required.
- Ability to learn a variety of computer software applications necessary to complete the duties of the job.
- Previous work experience: Previous hotel front office experience and solid understanding of hotel reservations, revenue management, and guest service preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in a hotel front office management role preferred.
- Language ability: excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Other: strong organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, guest service, ability to adapt to a changing environment, ability to work weekends, holidays and long shifts as occupancy requires.
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 236828