Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Public Areas Supervisor is expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. You have specific responsibilities within these areas and are expected to understand them. You are responsible for the cleanliness of the lobby, lounge, public restrooms, restaurants, shops and offices. Responsible for ensuring coordination between public areas employees to ensure that maximum productivity is being achieved daily. You will also communicate with the housekeeping executives on a daily basis to keep them informed on Public Areas. Equally as important, you are here to have some fun too!
The Public Areas Supervisor responsibilities at Jackson Lake Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for delegating cleaning assignments to personnel in Public Areas Division
- Schedule employees for applicable shifts each week
- Substitute as necessary for Public Area Attendants for days off
- Conduct inspections of employees to ensure proper cleaning
- Clean public area restrooms on first and second floors
- Facilitate and schedule special cleaning projects throughout the lodge
- Maintain all floors in the lobby, halls, and entrances to food outlets and select banquet spaces
- Vacuum and spot clean stains/spills on carpets in Mural Room, three retail shops and all offices
- Maintain floors and carpets in second floor guest lounge
- In between tasks, connect with guests and make them feel welcomed to the lodge
- Polish brass railing around grand staircase, nameplates, and push bars
- Report any reordering cleaning and guest supplies as needed to Housekeeping Executives
- Report needed maintenance work to the Housekeeping Executives
- Other duties as assigned
The Public Areas Supervisor position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Previous hotel/hospitality experience – Preferred
- Strong communication skills - Required
- Valid Driver’s License – Preferred
- Previous supervisory experience – Preferred
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE kayak and boat rentals, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $100/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing (single room occupancy), linens and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi (unavailable at Flagg Ranch)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 278667