Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
The Snow Removal/Grounds Maintenance Crew is responsible for resort maintenance and other duties/tasks that occur during the shift, including snow removal and performing various maintenance/repairs to the resort property as required. The position is primarily Snow Removal, and involves the operation of snow blowers and small equipment and, possibly, truck snowplow operation. Throughout the remainder of the year, the role is primarily Grounds Maintenance with an emphasis on landscaping, gardening, and decoration.
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for tools, radio, parts issued by tool room personnel.
- Report all emergencies, equipment issues, and other issues to immediate supervisor.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the resort’s etiquette guidelines.
- Inspect base area and on-mountain facilities on a regular basis - clearing away snow that may be an obstacle to the general public, looking for irrigation repairs that need to be made
- Assist manager in planning and carrying out minor maintenance and repair tasks as part of regular inspections.
- Lead the maintenance crew with day to day operations.
- Maintain an accurate time log of time spent at each property.
- Assist manager with entering billing into the billing software
- Help pick up trash and keep resort areas clean.
- Confer regularly with Grounds Manager assisting various department personnel to help plan and coordinate activities/projects (such as repairs), exchange information, resolve problems, etc.
- Maintain accurate inventory of tools and equipment, reorder supplies as needed
- Follow appropriate safety and security procedures.
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time; ability to lift and carry heavy objects, bending, squatting.
- Able to use ladders to access equipment rooms throughout the property.
- Ability to work around motors, pumps, gear boxes, boilers, chillers, etc. Work will be performed around potentially moving parts requiring safety precautions to be taken
- Valid US Drivers License is required.
- Intermediate Ski/Snowboard ability
- Experience in heavy equipment operation
- Background in landscaping operations
The budgeted range starts at $15.00 - $20.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 317274