Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests and homeowners in a warm and friendly, prompt and professional manner
- Register guests collecting appropriate information from the guest and make necessary notations in the reservation system, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location, process payment for stay and close out guest accounts at time of check out.
- Receive and process payments, explain guest charges accurately and professionally and respond to disputes of guest charges
- Make room reservations, log guest requests and accurately maintain the status of each reservation
- Assist with homeowner billing
- Manage incoming telephone and email correspondence in a prompt and courteous manner
- Perform weekly pre-arrival and post-arrival inspections of high end hotels, condos and homes
- Accept and log all incoming packages, ship and log all outgoing packages, accept and schedule the delivery of guest amenities and ensure guests receive all mail, luggage and packages in a timely manner.
- May perform tasks related to and assist other staff with bellmen, housekeeping and maintenance
- Responsible for cleanliness of Guest reception and surrounding public areas
- Fulfill concierge duties including dinner, transportation and activity reservations on occasion. Provide useful information to guests about local services and activities
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics at all times
- Handle confidential information, including guest records with a high degree of integrity
- Participate in training classes as assigned by the manager
- Comply with all resort policies, deliver a consistently high standard of customer service within the department and maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Proficient in Microsoft applications - required
- Ability to communicate with guest, homeowners, and colleagues with diplomacy and tact - required
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal - required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in excess of 2 hours without sitting - required
- Ability to work in a team and be detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills - required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends and evenings - required
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs - preferred
- At least 1 year Front Desk Experience - preferred
- Previous guest/customer service experience - preferred
The budgeted range starts at 12.32. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 302191