Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The bartenders are responsible for making and serving quality alcoholic beverages for consumption on premises by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare drinks for customers and servers
- Greet and seat guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide excellent guest service in high volume environment.
- Present menu, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food and service.
- Write order on check or memorize it.
- Use POS system to ensure accurate order and billing.
- Give direction to barback so the bar team works efficiently and effectively together.
- Relay order to kitchen and serve courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Inspects establishment and observes workers and patrons to ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards.
- Ensure that all local liquor regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that food service complies with state liquor law at all time liquor is being served.
- Ensures bar is stocked to acceptable levels for estimated business levels.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures including inventory, cash handling, accounting reports and lockup procedures.
- Responsibilities include directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform intermediate arithmetic.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be a team player that is comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Washington state food handler’s permit and Class 12 liquor permit.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to seasonal outside weather conditions.
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 351649