Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Job Type: Winter Seasonal
Job Classification: Full Time
Location: Stowe, VT
This position requires a hard-working, dedicated, and enthusiastic individual to assist in overseeing the operations of the daily activities and processes of the restaurant. This is a fast-paced environment that requires exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as someone who is able to maintain composure in stressful situations. As the assistant manager of a food and beverage outlet, you will be responsible for all activities involved with day to day operations, such as food inventory, sales goals, customer service, food quality checks, professionalism, employee conduct, financial activities, building maintenance, and marketing.
- The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assisting the Food & Beverage Manager in training, and supervising all staff.
- Sets the example for all other staff for service standards, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service excellence.
- Works on the floor in the restaurant, exceeding guest satisfaction as well as completing management reports pertaining to revenue accounting, tip disbursements and recording, scheduling, ordering products, payroll, inventory and keeping daily manager logs.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Should have a proven ability to supervise, communicate, and work well with coworkers and service staff.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Make employment and termination recommendations consistent with Company guidelines for review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Minimum 3 years of restaurant experience with at least one year at a managerial level.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be aware of safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays including; Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 4th, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested.
- TIPS Certification (or ability to obtain).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343089