Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Ski and Snowboard School Assistant Instructor will provide assistance to the lead instructor to enhance the guest experience by providing support to children in group lessons. This is accomplished by motivating and encouraging, consoling and managing fears, and assisting children in need, all in a fun and engaging manner while upholding all Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Upholding the highest levels of safety on varied terrain in high altitude with varying winter weather conditions for both guest and self.
- Assisting with class management; behavioral issues, safety issues, emotional issues, and organization of the class.
- Helping to facilitate lunch, monitoring group and bussing tables.
- Assisting children in getting equipment on and off.
- Accompanying and assisting with breaks for the children, including bathroom time, and sick and sad children.
- Communicating primary Instructor’s instructions and helping children to their feet after a fall; lifting children by their safety vest (if applicable).
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of the Ski and Snowboard School programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Assisting instructor with finding general public adults to ride chairlifts with ski and snowboard children ages 6 and under.
- Current enrollment in high school or equivalent.
- Intermediate level or higher skiing/riding ability.
- Verbal and written communication ability in English.
- Basic computer skills
- Teaching, coaching, or similar experience - preferred.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 189928