Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Outlet: Grand Summit Hotel
- Starting Wage: $20 per hour
- Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20/hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Skill Level: Advanced
The Advanced Cook supervises food preparation and production for breakfast and/or lunch and dinner shifts, and to perform a variety of kitchen management functions, including ordering, inventory control, and assistance in menu planning.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Supervise and assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
- Supervise and assist with the preparation of a wide variety of basic menu items: cook soups, sauces and vegetable dishes; butcher and cook meats, poultry and fish; prepare various salads and desserts; and the like.
Perform avariety of complex cooking tasks:
- Supervise and assist with the proper plating of all meals.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheese.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
- Plan, assign work schedules of staff hired for special functions.
- Assist in general kitchen staff planning.
- Perform various supervisory/personnel management functions, such as payroll
- processing, in supervisor's absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional qualifications include:
- High School education or equivalent; training in a culinary arts school, plus 2-4 years of professional cooking experience, or a combination of education and
- experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of professional cooking knowledge and skills, including restaurant kitchen operations.
- Good administrative, math and supervisory skills. Some previous supervisory inventory control, ordering, and menu planning experience.
The budgeted range starts at $20 - $21. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 421495