Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Security Supervisor is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for all persons and property with Crested Butte Mountain Resort: properties, hotels, offices, restaurants, base area gift shops, ski rental’s, ski schools and many other areas. These may include foot patrol, calls for assistance, responding to emergences, interfacing with local law enforcement, filing reports, etc. during each shift worked. The tasks of a smooth functioning security agent are anything but simple. Strong decisions have to be made under pressure circumstances safeguarding the interest of all concerned parties (guests, visitors and staff). Furthering relationships within CBMR and providing assistance to the Night manager and what tasks they have set forth. To act as Night Manager in their absence. Train all new and current staff on all policies and procedures. The Security Supervisor should be the main point of contact for security related tasks in the evenings.
Essential Job Functions:
· Being responsible for all preventive foot patrols, calls for assistance, responding to emergencies, filing reports, etc. during each shift.
· Patrols entire base area and lodging properties regularly throughout the evening to ensure a safe environment for both guest and associates.
· Investigates all questionable incidents or persons under the direction of the CBMR Night Manager.
· Reports incidents to the proper authorities when advisable and necessary.
· Train staff on any and all procedures.
· Able to deal with different types of situations with the upmost integrity and professionalism.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities needed for position:
· Education – high school diploma required
· Computer Operations – Microsoft windows required; outlook required; some property management system preferred.
· Licenses / Accreditations – valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
· Previous work experience – previous security experience required; previous hotel experience preferred.
· Language ability – English
· Other – must be able to walk and remain outside for long periods of time.
The budgeted range starts at 16.00-19.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 303907