Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsible for creating a welcoming first and last impression. Provides prompt and courteous service, familiarizes the guest with essential resort services and activities. This position will escort guests to their room and show them the closest safety exit, explain the heating/cooling unit and thermostat, point out other amenities in the room such as the minibar, in-room coffee service, and phones. Be responsible for attending to immediate guest needs and follow through according to the One Ski Hill Place standards. The coordination of timely delivery and retrieval of luggage, amongst other various items, will be of the utmost importance. This position will also act as a doorperson and valet.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads guests to the first available Guest Service Assistant and or to other requested destination in the resort.
- Respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions and restaurants, meeting rooms according to individual needs
- Timely delivery and retrieval of luggage, amenities, faxes, letters, newspapers, flowers, boxes and various items to the guest rooms.
- Utilizes all guest profiles and names, and provide preferences accordingly.
- Performing the daily tasks according to the RockResort Standards, and those set forth by the Valet Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintaining a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics in dealing both with guests, co-workers and subordinates.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, despite how busy or the time of day.
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
- Ensuring good safety practices of guests throughout the hotel, and proper emergency and safety procedures are followed ?
- Valid driver's license- required
- Ability to drive a manual transmission- required
- Ability to effectively communicate in English to guests and employees- required
- Flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays- required
- Minimum of one year Guest Service experience in a property of similar size and quality- preferred
- College degree in hopsitality or business related field- preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish- preferred
The budgeted range starts at $9.30 - $10.81. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 299208