Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Full Time and Part Time positions available for PSIA/AASI Certified Instructors for Winter 2019-20
As one of the oldest ski schools in the country we take pride in offering our guests and staff the Experience of a Lifetime. Our outstanding training team will improve your personal skiing and riding—they can also help you get that new shiny pin! You’ll challenge yourself on the best terrain in the East and you’ll meet guests from all over the world who share your passion and enthusiasm for life outdoors. Make this mountain YOUR mountain!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Uphold the highest levels of safety on varied terrain in a mountain environment, with unpredictable winter weather conditions in a fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Arrive to work on time prepared for all duties.
- Attend morning meetings.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity.
- Ensure that students are matched to appropriate skill level and work with supervisors/managers to make appropriate class changes when necessary.
- When working with children: Supervise and assist the children in your class at all times including during lunch and snack times. Ensure the return of children to their identified guardians.
- When working with children: Assist lift attendants to properly load and unload children on the chairlift, lifting children by the vest (if applicable) in accordance with our Kids on Lifts policy.
- When working with children: Assist in operational responsibilities of children’s programs including registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Communicate lesson content and progress of the lesson with the guest. Encourage future lessons.
- Uphold Company guidelines and the Vermont Skier Safety Act rules and regulations.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School equivalent education.
- PSIA/AASI (or country equivalent) certification.
- Strong intermediate skier or snowboarder, who can make parallel or linked turns on blue terrain.
- Available to work holidays and weekends and can meet one of our flexible scheduling options.
- Successfully complete all aspects of the hiring process, including online safety quiz and background check.
- Successfully complete 4-5 days of training, including a team teach with a veteran coach.
- Must be able to stand and walk on snow for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend, squat and lift 50 lbs.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) and possess good communication skills.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
- Must have good guest service skills and work well in a team.
- Experience working with children
- Knowledge of Spanish language
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177455