Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Vail Resorts HR has strategic priority to build a scalable and efficient HR foundation as a building block to elevate the employee experience to drive Vail Resorts growth & profitability around the world. The Human Resources Shared Services Manager role will manage the People Connect team, processes and systems to deliver an experience of a lifetime throughout the employee’s lifecycle. The position will ensure the delivery of high touch experiences for moments that matter at scale with excellence in execution and a passion for employee service.
- Build and maintain a positive working environment to train and develop the People Connect team members to foster understanding of broad HR principles, policies, procedures and systems with a high level of customer service focus.
- Monitor team interactions with customers and provide coaching to optimize efficiency and the employee/manager experience.
- Actively participate as a working manager on addressing inquiries or requests within the HR case management system. Serve as a point of escalation for team members to resolve any complex issues.
- Develop effective communication and training materials for the team to ensure team is providing timely, consistent and accurate guidance in accordance with HR policies and practices across the US and Canada.
- Support the creation and deployment of the HR shared services strategy in partnership with HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence and business stakeholders.
- Using established protocols and tiered escalation, ensure response to issues and requests from HR, employees and managers in accordance with published service levels agreements (SLAs).
- Maintain and improve People Connect operations by tracking trends of incoming inquiries to identify/resolve issues, support continuous improvement and ensure high service levels.
- Using the service governance program, oversee the incorporation and delivery of new shared service offerings.
- Maintain employee records and data.
- Provide HR program/project support.
- Prepare People Connect performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Process Improvement and Management:
- Own creation, documentation and management of end to end employee lifecycle HR processes including new hire processing, on-boarding, integration and transitions. Ensure that documentation is kept up to date and accurate.
- Lead a team in order to execute assigned projects to migrate identified HR processes and transactions into People Connect.
- Own maintenance of HR Service Catalogue.
- Analyze key performance data to partner with internal and HR partners to identify, recommend and drive process improvements.
System and Data Ownership:
- Monitor data integrity in systems and ensure appropriate and relevant audit controls are in place.
- Partner in the development and implementation of both new and/or changes to supporting HR systems (case management, core HR, onboarding) including supporting systems testing.
- Lead team in providing Tier 1 HR systems support. Research and report trending systems issues as reported by end users and share findings with the system owner and HR Technology team to collaborate on timely and effective resolution.
- 6+ years of relevant experience leading a HR Shared Service or business service operations team utilizing service management principles.
- BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or business or equivalent professional work experience.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Experience of developing KPIs and SLAs to enhance service delivery.
- Adapts quickly to changes impacting both technical and non-technical processes, policies and procedures. Effectively participates in change management initiatives.
- Experience leading process optimization and migration projects.
- Comfort managing up and across the organization, with strong credibility and the ability to influence leaders and teams; excellent collaboration and organization skills.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance/direction, serves as escalation point and decision maker on exception requests.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Must possess effective influencing, conflict management and resolution skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Experience supporting US and Canada preferred, additional international environment knowledge with other regions desired; European and Asia Pacific experience a plus.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 192567