Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Who are we looking for?
We’re searching for a full-stack developer to join the Resort Application Development Team. Our team is responsible for the development of a suite of custom desktop applications, modern web apps, and internal APIs that provide ski resort management and point-of-sale functionality.
You could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working as part of a small, highly-collaborative team
- Are comfortable writing code for multiple languages and platforms
- Take ownership of solution designs and architectural decisions
- Can troubleshoot, determine root cause, and take ownership for resolving code issues
- Have fun solving complex problems that require learning something new
We have a relaxed work environment, with a close-knit, energetic team. Our team is located in our Broomfield, CO headquarters building, as well as at several of our mountain resorts, so the ability to work effectively with people across different locations is critical.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years minimum application development experience in C#
- 2 years minimum development experience using Web API or similar technology
- 2 years minimum development experience working within the Agile with Scrum software development framework
- 2 years minimum experience working with a relational database at the enterprise level (SQL Server)
- Ability to write clean, testable code, covered by high value unit tests
- Proven track record of creating clean and simple user interfaces (Winforms, WPF, UWP, Web)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Any experience with the following is a plus:
- Experience with Angular is highly desirable
- RESTful APIs
- UX experience
- Using Git for source control
- The Atlassian product suite: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket
- VB6 or another legacy code base
- Enterprise software on an International scale
- Point of Sale/Transaction processing experience
- Ski resort or hospitality field
- Collaborate on the creation of business and functional requirements and lead the development of technical requirements for projects and enhancements
- Ensure solutions are architected in a forward looking manner aligned with our multi-year roadmap
- Ensure all configuration and development changes follow the appropriate software development life cycle, adhering to all appropriate controls and provide technical support as needed
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve development standards within Vail Resort’s technology ecosystem
- Work closely with all stakeholders to identify opportunities to evolve our applications to support business objectives
- Work closely with managers, developers, business analysts, business stakeholders, contract developers and consulting partners on the development and support of projects and enhancements
- Provide technical operational support for the application ecosystem and ensure all compliance obligations are met throughout the software development life cycle
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213351