Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Ski and Ride School Managers are responsible for the daily operations of the Ski and Ride School. They are accountable for financial success, guest experience, and employee experience. This is achieved through focus on our employees, our guests, personal professional development, job-specific responsibilities, and strong team building. The Ski and Ride School Managers will also develop innovative ideas, work across departments, and re-imagine operations to drive guest satisfaction and growth. As part of a team of operational managers, they will work with the Ski and Ride School General Manger and Director of Skier Services to lead the Ski and Ride School as a whole.
- Direct and monitor quality of overall products and staff to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Resort and Company goals, and financial success.
- Provide feedback, growth, leadership, and training opportunities to develop supervisors and staff. Connect with and motivate supervisors, instructors, and staff.
- Lead, role model, and support Ski And Ride School, Resort, and Company safety programs. Stay current on guest and employee health and safety initiatives.
- Work with management team to provide tools, training, and tactics to ensure the quality of products and services for our guests. Resolve any guest complaints or issues when necessary.
- Maintain a global view for managing and improving the lesson programs and line of business. Work closely with the SRS General Manager to make operational adjustments and contribute to innovations for the entire School.
- Communicate and work with other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
- Implement and hold staff accountable to both Ski & Snowboard School & company policies and procedures. Adhere to and model the Company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Monitor and maintain the quality and appearance of the Adventure Center or locker rooms, base areas, and on hill learning zones.
- Actively seek information to remain current in the industry and remain involved with professional organizations (PSIA/AASI).
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Work Experience: Minimum of three years working full time for a Ski Resort
- Supervisory Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience at the supervisory level
- Licenses/Accreditations: PSIA/AASI Level 3 certification or equivalent
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and RPOS
- Language(s) Skill: Fluent communicating in both written and verbal English
- Other Requirements: Excellent communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Able to work well in a team
- Leadership development
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekends, nights, weekdays, evenings, & holidays
- Able to work in inclement weather
- Preferred Skills: Previous experience working at the manager level within an adult or children's ski & snowboard school.
- Children Specialist 2 certification or equivalent
- Prior experience working with children
- College degree in education
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 314408