JOB TITLE: Ticket Agent
REPORTS TO: Ticketing Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal FT/PT
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
The purpose of the Ticket Agent position is to assist all JHMR guests by filling the role of selling tickets and passes and checking mountain access at the radio frequency identification (RFID) gate monitoring system, in order to provide a superior guest experience.
- Providing superior guest service by greeting, providing pertinent mountain information, and directing guests.
- Season pass and day ticket sales to ensure efficient guest access to the mountain.
- Accurately capturing guest’s images, identification, and contact information.
- Ensuring required Release of Liability documents are properly signed.
- Accurately receive guest payment by processing credit cards, taking cash and making change as needed, or receiving other forms of payment.
- End of day reconciliation of cash and required sales backup
- Checking guests’ mountain access at lift entrance gates. To ensure proper guest usage of JHMR facilities, prevent fraudulent use, and enhance guest experience.
- Greeting guests as they pass through gates and assisting when issues arise.
- Assisting Hotseat Operators to fix non-functional passes without guests needing to leave the lift area.
- Monitor Ski Data Gates on tablet PCs at lift podium to ensure guests have proper mountain access, and inspecting pass photos as needed to prevent potential fraudulent use.
- Properly alerting Supervisors or Security of fraudulent pass use.
- Setting up and maintaining: Stanchion mazes, lift mazes, and RFID gate heights to prescribed standards.
- Removing and manipulating snow in and around lift mazes.
- Answering phones, voicemails and emails.
- Inspecting, recording, and reporting the condition of all point of sales, pass printing, office equipment, and RFID equipment.
- Transporting ticketing and RFID materials around Teton Village as needed.
- Organizing receipts assisting with daily accounting audits, as needed.
- Cleaning, organizing, stocking all areas of use.
- Keep assigned point of sale fully stocked and clean.
-- Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job—
JOB SPECIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Customer focus.
- Communication proficiency, both oral and written English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills, and ability to learn new software and POS.
- Cash handling skills.
- Ability to handle high business volumes.
- Work will occur in both indoor office environment and outdoors in extreme winter weather conditions and temperatures.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs to shovel, scoop and rake snow requiring bending, lifting, stooping, and crouching.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Visual ability to read computer screens and tablets at arm’s length and facial recognition at a short distance.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Full time or part time, seasonal. Shift can be any day of the week, daytime hours.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent years of experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Cash handling experience.
- Guest service experience.
- Intermediate ski or snowboard ability.
- Local valley and ski industry knowledge
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.