Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Food and Beverage (F&B) Organization is comprised of over 300 different restaurants that share a commitment to bringing excellence to mountain dining as part of the overall ski experience. The Food & Beverage General Manager is responsible for the operations of the daily activities and processes of the restaurant. This is a fast-paced environment that requires exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as someone who is able to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Sets the example for all other staff for service standards, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service excellence.
- Works on the floor in the restaurant, exceeding guest satisfaction as well as completing management reports pertaining to revenue accounting, tip disbursements and recording, scheduling, ordering products and equipment, payroll, inventory and maintaining daily logbook.
- Understand completely and implement all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs for Mountain Dining.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of restaurant and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Fully understand and follow all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Ability to oversee culinary supervisor, giving daily direction to execute food production and service
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 years of restaurant experience with at least 1 year at a managerial level
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Leadership, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs.
- DLC certification required within 30 days of employment
- Serve Safe Food Protection Manager certification required within 30 days of employment
The budgeted range starts at $23 - $26. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 459039