If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of snowmaking equipment to produce the best quality product for our guests
- Make snow and continual training according to all standards operating practices and safety procedure as instructed and or outlined in the manuals set forth by Heavenly Resort
- Responsible for assisting the crew leader in preparation and operation of snowmaking systems.
- Will conduct visual inspections and routine maintenance of snow guns and hoses as well as set up and break down of the guns and hoses.
- Operate all transportation vehicles as per the standard operating procedures
- Undertake general building maintenance and housekeeping on a daily basis
- Assist in effective communication with the other departments
- Possess a basic understanding of mechanical equipment
- Must be able to work as a team member with the ability to follow direction and will be responsible for the safety of fellow employees, guests and for personal safety.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn basic Fan Gun operations
- Willing to work weekends, nights, and holidays
- Able to lift and carry up to 70 lbs
- Able to work extended hours in alpine conditions
- Intermediate skier/rider - Preferred
- Previous snowmaking experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to speak, read and communicate clearly in English
- Must have a valid US driver’s license or the ability to obtain one
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 344549