Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave and passionate individuals. Join us today to reach your peak.
Job Update: Year Round
Job Classification: Full-Time
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
The Mountain Resorts Counsel will provide legal support to the Company’s Mountain, Hospitality and Retail Divisions. The successful candidate will demonstrate sound judgment in complex situation, will be able to handle a wide range of legal questions with practical solutions, communicate confidently and clearly with business clients (including executives and front line employees), manage competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing legal advice, counsel and support to the Mountain, Hospitality and Retail Divisions regarding year-round ski and summer resort operations, including regulatory compliance, advising on relationships and agreements with HOAs, hotel owners, real estate developers, private landowners, local governments and other entities;
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide variety of agreements, including hotel management, property management, HOA management, rental management, commercial leases, special event agreements, confidentiality agreements, and letters of intent for potential transactions;
- Collaborating with guest and employee operations, health and safety personnel, and other company departments to assist in developing and advising on company policies, procedures and best practices, to add value and reduce legal risks to the Company;
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of legal training to Hospitality, Retail and Mountain operations staff;
- Adhere to and support standards and goals of the Company and the Legal Department; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and JD required.
- Minimum 3 years’ legal experience, with material training and experience relating to general business advice, and other areas of applicable law.
- Active state bar license. If out of state license, successful applicant will be required to apply for Colorado single-client bar license (or full Colorado bar license).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional service to business clients, including being resourceful and responsive
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, using proper grammar and e-mail etiquette, at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, a team player and take responsibility for managing a variety of legal matters
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to analyze problems, propose resolutions, and provide advice that is creative, practical and legally acceptable, taking into account the needs and objectives of the business
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under high pressure conditions and to successfully handle urgent situations with patience and diplomacy
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience working in house providing legal support in the resort/hospitality industry.
- Experience with data privacy regulations and information security.
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and interpreting complex transactions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt and work well with a variety of personalities.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 217090