One Job – Double the Benefits. Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott’s nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Responsible for soliciting, closing and contracting group business (10-35 rooms peak) in order to meet room night and revenue goals for the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort. Ensure business is turned over to the service team properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Work with the sales teams to maximize the revenue potential for the properties and all Vail lines of business by effectively up selling each business opportunity. Drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Be able to work in a very faced-paced environment and multi-task various deadlines and projects.
- Solicit, close and contract group business using strong negotiating skills and creative selling techniques
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers through sales calls, entertainment, Tradeshows, etc.
- Develop relationships within the meetings and conventions community to expand customer base for future group business opportunities
- Work collaboratively with Marriott’s Global Sales Offices and Vail Resorts Global Sales Office to secure group business.
- Partner with the operations team to conduct site inspections that focus on the customer’s needs and highlight the key features of the property
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and know how to sell against them
- Provide accurate, complete and timely turnover of definite business to the Service Team to help ensure quality service delivery
- Partner with the Service and Operations teams in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customers' expectations
- Work with the sales, revenue management and property leadership team to close the best opportunities base on market conditions and hotel needs
- Prepares correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required with emphasis in Business Administration, sales, hospitality or related field.
- Minimum one year in hospitality sales related function
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to employees, managers, executives and guests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The budgeted range starts at $50,000 - $60,900. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 384598