Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Housekeeping Office Assistant is to be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. You have specific responsibilities within these areas and are expected to understand them as well as help guide others. You will act as communications link on room status between housekeeping and the front desk. Maintains all housekeeping files and records; handles the housekeeping office phone. You will also be the owner of all lost and found at Jackson Lake Lodge, which includes managing Chargerback, the system that safely returns items back to guests. Equally as important, they are here to have some fun too!
The Housekeeping Office Assistant responsibilities at Jackson Lake Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures all guest requests for extra linens, rollaways etc. are completed in a timely manner and proper follow up is conducted
- Receive room status and special requirement information from the Front Desk and advise the housekeeping areas
- Maintain a follow up log of all the calls you took from the front desk, who executed the call from housekeeping, if it was completed, by whom, and then follow up with the guest
- Maintain the housekeeping reports accurately throughout the day
- Assist the Executive housekeeper with administrative responsibilities
- Ensure the organization of the housekeeping office and closets
- Maintain open communication with the front desk and engineering
- Assure that all maintenance requests flow through the office
- Secure, keep and maintain records of all Lost and Found items within Chargerback (online lost and found system)
- May be called upon to inspect guest rooms or perform Housekeeping attendant duties
- Answer phones, receive information and pass it on to the appropriate parties
- Other duties as assigned
The Housekeeping Office Assistant position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience in a housekeeping department – Preferred
- Previous hotel/hospitality experience – Preferred
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English - Required
- Strong communication skills - Required
- Ability to perform well under pressure - Required
- Valid US Driver’s License – Preferred
- Knowledge of a property management system (Visual One desirable)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from May through early October. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 287247