Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19 unless eligible for an accommodation under applicable law.
This position will work in either the Snack Shack, or operate the Beverage Carts out on the Canyons Golf Course greens. You will be greeting our guests, taking orders for food and/or beverages, and serving food/beverage items. The job also consists of collecting payment for food/beverages, including operation of a computer or cash register. Receiving tips for services represents a significant portion of compensation for this position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide personalized service to our guests.
- Ensure each guest receives exceptional service and has an extraordinary experience, encouraging our golfers to return to stay and play with us.
- Handle all opening and/or closing duties required to properly operate the beverage carts.
- Maintain inventory and supplies on the cart, promote food and beverage sales, record all sales and complete appropriate reports at the end of each shift.
- Exhibit strong beverage and beer knowledge to make recommendations for guests on various offerings.
- Communicate any delays or problems to the golf shop staff and player assistants, to ensure happy golfers and a good pace of play. Use of a resort radio may be required as a form of communication with other golf employees. It is expected that all radio communication will be professional and polite.
- Maintain a clean work environment, practice recycling, and empty the trash throughout the day, as needed.
- Complete all side work assigned and proactively seek additional duties as needed.
- Must be able to work weekends as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Professional appearance. Ability to dress in full uniform while working, pressed/ironed as necessary. Appropriate dress may vary depending on weather conditions.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Ability to work 10-hour shifts.
- Ability to work in varied weather conditions.
- Excellent guest service skills are required.
- At least one year previous guest services and cash handling experience is required.
- Knowledge of the game of golf is preferred and helpful.
- Must be able to drive a golf cart.
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable record is required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for long periods of time (up to 4 hours).
- Minimum two years of experience in food and beverage operations is required.
- Current TIPS certification or equivalent is required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443589