Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Are you an experienced food & beverage professional? Does the idea of working at a semi-private golf club interest you? Are you interested in working and living next door to Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Food and Beverage Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the food and beverage vision of JHGTC: exceptional guest service, delivering uality food to our guests. This responsibility includes complete management of the North Grille excluding the kitchen staff, in cooperation with the F&B Director. Day-to-day management includes but is not limited to; front of house personnel management, verbal communication with members and guests, club event management, end of day accounting, and POS system updates. . DISCOUNTED HOUSING IS PROVIDED!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support F&B Management Initiatives. Cooperatively manage all activities and staff of North Grille dining room to ensure smooth lunch and/or dinner service. Participate in training and education of staff to promote enhanced guest experiences. Assist with scheduling, supervising, coaching, and providing disciplinary action to all areas of staff responsibility.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of all Aspects of the F&B Department: chef’s core principles regarding food, menu item ingredients and preparations, cocktail ingredients and preparations, beverage service, hours of operations for all outlets, club event details, location and levels of items needed for service.
- Be Hands On. Support service staff and bartender: take reservations, greet and seat guests, answer phone calls, run food, bus tables, begin orders, water dining room, make drinks, assist with POS issues, assist bartender in making drinks.
- Display and Enforce Proper Service Etiquette to Service Team. Maintain a sense of urgency, no table stacking, no back handing, keeping water full, prompt greeting and order taking, efficient movement through dining room, food and beverage knowledge, positive and friendly demeanor, anticipation of guests’ needs, compliance to guests’ needs, positive conflict resolution.
- Ordering and Inventory. Routinely check on levels of service items for FOH and bar, assist in monthly inventory, maintain clean and organized working areas for inventory items.
- Provide Thorough Feedback to F&B Director and Executive Chef. Relay both positive and negative guest comments, issues during service, and improvement ideas. Maintain knowledge of flow of service and pace of diners to provide better service. Alert F&B Director of injuries to co-workers or guests that arise. Report any incidents of harassment of any kind.
- Conduct Daily Shift Meetings. Keep staff engaged and educated, inform staff and kitchen of reservations and special requests, recap of issues or service points from prior meetings.
- Maintain Cleanliness and Organization of all Areas of Restaurant Areas and Work Spaces. Assist banquet manager in putting away banquet items left in kitchen, assist in putting away orders (dry goods, liquor, wine, beer, etc.)
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Previous Food and Beverage supervisory experience
- Point of Sale experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- TIPS certification
- Ability to work long hours and varied shifts
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Previous fine dining restaurant experience
- Knowledgeable in wine and beverage service
Come golf where nature plays in the shadows of the Tetons. Our team is dedicated to providing a one of a kind golf experience for members and guests alike. Help us create the excellent playing conditions, player services, amenities, and delicious food that make us the locals' club. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. With spectacular views and a great location between Grand Teton National Park and the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club offers an amazing place to live and work in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 188527