Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Do you love spending time on the water? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park, while additionally enjoying a multi-cultural work environment? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The raft captain is responsible for the safety of passengers, interpretive narration and correct navigation of float trips on the Snake River. This position is expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. This role has specific responsibilities within these areas and are expected to understand them.
The Raft Captain’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safely navigate 10 mile stretches of the Snake River with up to 12 clients on board.
- Conduct thorough safety talks and completed required documentation prior to each trip.
- On float trips, responsible for interpretive programs.
- Inspects the small boat trailers and keeps lights working with the help of the van driver
- Assists in training raft trainees for float captain responsibilities.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of all boats.
- Assists the Float Trip Manager with opening and closing procedures of the department, for example, patching and maintenance of boats.
- Securely rig boats for road travel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Commercial rowing experience required
- Adult/Child CPR Certification
- Wilderness First Aid Certification
- Successful completion of MVR
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must have knowledge of the general area and ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to accept responsibility and be able to make good "snap" decisions in an emergency
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 294310