Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The carpenter is responsible for on mountain facility repair construction projects. This may include, but is not limited to, planning and completion of deck construction, on mountain building facility repair and other projects as necessary.
- Starting Wage: $20 - $26 /per hour - based on experience
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time - May be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Skill Level: All Levels
- Other: Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather.
- Power tools and hand tools will be used on daily basis.
- Employee must feel comfortable working at heights as many hours will be spent on roofs and ladders.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required
- Valid Driver's License - required
- Satisfactory MVR check - required
- Able to stand and walk on uneven surfaces for long periods of time - required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100lbs - required
- At least 2 seasons carpentry experience - preferred
- At least 2 seasons of work experience at Keystone Resort - preferred
- OEC or EMT certification - preferred
- End of season commitment - required
- In-person interview - required
The budgeted range starts at $20 - $26 / per hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 459042