Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As a Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic, it is your responsibility to execute our safety best practices to the best of your ability, as well as maintain a friendly and positive attitude every day, with all guests and employees. We are an internal based guest service department we want to make sure we leave our customers with a positive experience.
There are many perks with the job including free summer time season pass, a great benefits package etc. Our mission is to provide an “Experience of a Lifetime” for both our guests and employees alike.
- Piston Bully and Prinoth Snowcats
- Yamaha and Ski-Doo Snowmobiles
- Heavy Equipment
- Light Duty Trucks
- Small Engine Equipment
- Majority of work will be repairing and servicing snowcat tracks
- Helper/assistant to other Mechanics
- Intro Preventative Maintenance on Fleet Vehicles
- Intro Snow Cat Fleet Maintenance, Repair and Diagnosis
- Shop Cleanliness
- Spill Prevention
- Parts runs
- Mechanical aptitude – Preferred
- Must Have or obtain a valid driver’s license / clean DMV record. - Required
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly - Required
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (primary shop is on-mountain and work is often outdoors) - Required
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends - Required
- Must have high school degree or equivalent - Required
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English – Preferred
- Follow all shop safety practices and dress code.
- Communicate with department heads and employees regarding equipment problems and repairs
- Document all work done and parts on work orders
- Maintain complete inventory of track parts
This position typically includes a 40 hour week in the summer and is eligible for an attractive benefit package.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work! If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 216288