Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Mount Snow is now part of the Vail Resorts family and we’ve started hiring for our Winter 20-21 season! All Mount Snow employees receive a FREE ski pass that gives you access to skiing and riding at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Along with the free ski pass, employees also get discounts on food, lodging, and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names. Join the team this season for an Experience of a Lifetime!
Ski Patrol is responsible for performing guest service functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and employees, mountain sweeps, lift evacuation and explosives handling.
- Supervising and promoting guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions
- Assisting injured guests on the mountain and administering first aid
- Transporting injured guests off the mountain using a toboggan or supporting air lift operations
- Performing sweeps at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Maintaining trails, such as removing trees that have fallen on runs utilizing a chainsaw or other equipment
- Transporting and setting up mountain safety equipment
- Transporting supplies and heavy equipment to areas of need, on skis
- Avalanche mitigation including safely transporting and placing explosives on the mountain
- Driving snowmobiles to various areas of the mountain, as needed
Qualified candidates must first pass the patrol ski test
- High School or Equivalent
- Pass Vail Ski Patrol sponsored ski test
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Basic knowledge of computer
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
Mount Snow makes everyone feel like family, guests and employees alike. With consistent, high-ratings on the friendly staff, why wouldn’t you want to join the camaraderie? Join our team and help us share ultimate mountain adventures with our guests. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 222867