Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Start Your Career Opportunity of a Lifetime at Vail Resorts: As an At Home Travel Consultant, you will book customized vacation experiences, including lodging and activities, for the guests of Vail Resorts’ renowned mountain resorts via inbound calls from the comfort of your home. You will use your outstanding sales skills and world class customer service to assist clients in booking complete vacation packages that are best suited to their needs, both on the phone and/or through the online chat service. This is an ideal opportunity for the self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who wants a career at the largest mountain destination company in the travel and hospitality industry.
Get Non-Traditional Perks, Benefits and Flexibility:
- Work from the comfort of your own home. No commute and more flexibility.
- Inbound calls only – no cold calling.
- Receive a complimentary season ski pass for you and dependent family members to ski or snowboard at all of Vail Resorts’ owned and operated resorts.
- Receive discounts on lodging, retail, food and beverage and transportation at select resorts.
- Work 6 to 8 months out of the year and receive traditional benefits, such as health insurance and 401K.
- Take the summer off!
- This is a Seasonal position with an hourly base pay of $13.00 per hour, PLUS potential bonus and incentives dependent on performance.
Develop Your Career Path: To assure At Home Travel Consultants are well versed and knowledgeable of Vail Resorts’ different resorts and experiences, team members will have the opportunity to participate in job-specific training that includes virtual and onsite property and activity tours.
- Demonstrate Vail Resorts Core Values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun.
- A passion for skiing/snowboarding or familiarity with Vail Resorts’ mountain resorts.
- Minimum 6 months of sales experience.
- Must live within 2 hours of our Corporate office in Broomfield, Colorado
- Ability to work in-office in Keystone 1 day each month.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English in order to establish and maintain relationships with clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency, including ability to easily and efficiently navigate and toggle between multiple screens, talk and type simultaneously.
- Basic computer issue troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to speak additional languages (Spanish); additional language skill compensation provided for written and verbal proficiency.
- Vacation planning experience a plus.
- Experience working on a base pay plus bonus and incentive compensation structure.
- Prior experience working from home.
- Past online/virtual training experience, including the completion of self-paced modules and/or virtual classroom courses.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree.
Technical Job Requirements:
Vail Resorts is pleased to provide some of the technical hardware equipment required to perform this role including virtual desktop terminal, keyboard and mouse, second monitor, telephone and headset, webcam, speakers and networking cable.
Final Candidates must provide the following *prior to start date*:
- Dedicated phone landline (cellular phones, or VoIP phones are not permitted)
- High-speed wired internet connection (wireless & satellite internet are not permitted)
- Home office free from background noise and distractions
This work-at-home position requires that the candidate be available to work 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required during peak business periods such as the month of January. Hours will include weekend hours, evening hours and holidays.
Opportunities Available Include:
- Seasonal, 6-8 month position.
- Eight-hour shifts.
- Start dates:
*Traditionally, the initial 3-4 week training period consists of on-site training & up to 4 days at resort for familiarization tours/product training (FAM). Due to local Covid-19 restrictions, and our goal of maintaining a safe environment for our employees, we will be training remotely until it is deemed safe to train in-person.
- Initial training: 3 - 4 weeks:
- Remote Training (per government pandemic response on-site restrictions)
- Up to 4 weeks remote training
- 8:30 pm – 5:00pm | Monday – Friday
- Equipment checkout & setup Thursday prior to Training
- Onsite Training (pending government pandemic response restrictions being lifted)
- Up to 4 weeks onsite in Bromfield
- Includes 1 week (4 night) stay in resort during the four-week initial training period.
After the initial multi-week training period, ongoing training will be held in a virtual learning environment and completed from the home office. Ongoing coaching will be provided to further develop proficiencies in critical competencies necessary for ongoing success.
Join a team of brave, ambitious and passionate people. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com.
We offer a variety of professional career opportunities at our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado. Our corporate headquarters team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 224392