Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Applications are still being accepted in anticipation of opening our resorts for the summer season, contingent on our ability to resume operations.
We are currently seeking cooks of all experience levels for our on-mountain locations!
- The Entry Cook is responsible for basic food preparation tasks, such as cutting up meat and fish, cleaning, peeling, slicing, chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients, etc. May use basic cooking skills to work on a line or in a cooking station, such as the broiler, fryer, oven, grill, or sauté station and be responsible for set up of assigned station. May be responsible for loading and unloading food product to remote meal sites for preparation.
- The Intermediate Cook functions as an experienced cook, responsible for performing the full cooking process using established recipes. This includes preparing and measuring ingredients; grilling, broiling, baking, frying, and sautéing; testing for doneness and taste; adjusting seasoning and temperature for best results; and attractive food presentation. In casual facilities, fully responsible for all aspects of a cooking station. Ensures cooking station or area is sanitary and fully functional.
- The Advanced Cook functions as very experienced cook, responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking complex menu items, prepares sauces and glazes to enhance flavors. Improvises on established recipes based on availability of ingredients. Suggests, develops, and tests new recipes and menu items. May assist with ordering and inventory management. Oversees food preparation and provides training and guidance to more junior staff.
- Individuals who are passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry
- English Proficiency
- Able to work the entire season (November– April)
- Some experience in food and beverage or guest service – preferred
- Weekends and holidays required.
- All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes one shift per week
Physical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211750