Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Product Sales & Services Senior Manager will lead all aspects of the PSS operations and practices at Northstar California. The scope of this role is large and varied and includes responsibilities around the distribution, servicing, education and fulfillment of mountain access products including lift tickets, season passes, ski and ride school products/reservations and scanning and additional seasonal membership programs. Oversight of the PSS team and all PSS sales points enables this position to play a significant part in the overall quality of the guest and employee experience. This PSS Senior Manager through participation in the resorts overall operational and strategic direction has significant influence on the delivery of our service promise to Create the Experience of a Lifetime. This leadership position is integral to the success of Northstar California.
- Successfully recruit, hire, coach, motivate and develop an industry leading management team. Ensure management team is aligned with the goals and values of Northstar California and Vail Resorts.
- Create and/or maintain a culture of excellence. This culture to include teamwork, collaboration, progressive thinking, and constant improvement resulting in an employee culture that attracts the best and brightest employees and motivates them to accomplish great work.
- Meet or exceed all goals for Guest Services and Net Promoter measurements.
- Partner and collaborate with internal Northstar California departments to ensure a consistent and high level experience for the guest. Work hard to have PSS perceived as an excellent and competent partner by all departments.
- Collaborate with Vail Resorts PSS peers and colleagues to ensure consistency and best practices throughout operations in the areas of sales processes, best practices and guest service.
- Ensure a consistently high level of service and competency across all sales locations including the Northstar Village, remote ticket scanning locations, and offices at partnered lodges including the Ritz Carlton and Martis Camp.
- Demonstrate a high level of performance around the Vail Resorts Leadership competencies.
- Partner and work constantly and collaboratively with the Ski and Ride School management team to providing industry leading sales and service around ski school products and programs.
- Financial oversight and management of multiple lines of business including revenue, labor, and operating expense.
- Proactively develop management and industry skill set by seeking out and taking advantage of educational and training opportunities.
- Work closely with stakeholders and partake in our annual innovation teams to help Re-imagine the Mountain Resort Experience.
- Manage annual safety plan to reduce employee incidents and create a strong safety culture across departments.
- Oversee and manage all assigned companywide trainings and ethics courses to insure 100% completion by assigned employees.
- Execute reoccurring compliance policies and trainings per company guidelines at 100% success rate including areas of Safety, Service, and Finance.
- 5 or more years’ experience in resort, recreation, and/or attraction industry.
- 5 or more years in management/leadership experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language proficiently.
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions including winter and summer high alpine environments.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Product Sales & Services previous experience at Vail Resorts.
- Guest Connect point-of-sale experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar credentials in secondary education.
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 277968