With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Children's Rental Shop Managers all aspects of running the children’s rental shop, boot rooms, and ski school set up crew. This position will have direct reports in both the rental shop and set up crew. This position plays an integral role in the success of the ski and snowboard school and will have daily communication and interaction with ski school management, instructors, product sales staff, inside support staff, and children and parents attending ski school.
- Financial. Responsible for rental revenue and labor/expense management. Responsible for annual capital order of rental fleet and fixtures. Scheduling staff to assure the quality of the product delivered while balancing labor budget.
- Guest Service. Accountable to guest service survey (GX) ski school "check-in" score. Assures the efficiency of the overall children's ski and snowboard school check-in process. Daily communication and working as a team with all stakeholders, including ski school management, product sales, instructors, inside support staff, parents and children
- Safety. Oversees ski and snowboard school equipment check initiative. Compliant with all rental fleet safety regulations, including staff binding certifications, torque tests, and routine equipment maintenance and safety checks.
- Development. Responsible for the leadership development of direct reports. Work with Vail Resorts Retail management for succession planning and talent strategy. Lead staff in their professional development for Performance Management including on-going communication, mid- and end-of-season reviews for staff and coaching/disciplinary actions when deemed necessary.
- Role model and bring to life the company's values of; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Be Inclusive and Have Fun.
- In-depth understanding of rental shop processes, including how relevant paperwork is filled out and recorded, how equipment is checked in and out, how to fit and size guests for ski and snowboard equipment, repair and maintenance of rental fleet and be current with appropriate DIN Certification.
- Achieve consistent appearance and functionality of indoor facilities and outdoor teaching areas by training staff on consistent set up and tear down.
- Responsible to keep all relevant assets in good repair including rental fleet, outdoor teaching area tools and materials, and indoor facility infrastructure. Complete building maintenance requests when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirement - High School Diploma. Proficient in reading, writing, and communicating in English
- Minimum of two years working in a rental shop.
- Current DIN Certification for appropriate bindings.
- Computer skills: RPOS, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently. Verbal communication in person and via telephone with guests, staff and management is required.
- Past supervisory experience of 2 or more years.
- Intermediate to Advanced Skier/Snowboarder.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 345848