Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: Is responsible for daily supervision, as well as scheduling and Time & Labor compliance of lift crew in their assigned area. The Team Lead is responsible for a zone of several lifts and all associated leadership and front-line staff. This person is responsible for insuring ANSI, OSHA, and Heavenly safety regulations are met; maintain and promote high level of service and act as a positive advocate for our safety culture. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees.
- Implement, maintain, and coach safety in the work place.
- Promote guest service standards compliance and operational efficiency as well as model positive guest service at all times.
- Oversight of all Time & Labor for employees within assigned zone of lifts. This includes ensuring proper clocking & signing-in/out procedures are being met. Also utilizing the Peoplesoft system to input ride breaks / lunches and fixing exceptions per VR policies and procedures.
- Complete all scheduling and distribution of schedule for assigned zone of lifts. This includes reviewing time-off requests and ensuring proper staffing levels are being met to ensure guest safety and service.
- Conduct disciplinary actions as needed with the guidance of Department Senior Leadership and Human Resources.
- Track and record Department KPI’s.
- Oversight, collection, and auditing of lift logs to ensure proper completion.
- Supervise technical training for staff in assigned zone, as well as assist in facilitation of department training sessions as needed.
- Be responsible for timely completion of training and development documentation for their teams, attend required management skills classes and be contributing and accountable members of our management team.
- Provide leadership development education for Leads, as well as developing Operators interested in becoming leads.
- Provide performance feedback to supervised team, as well as building and deliver written performance reviews for your section of lifts. This includes employee goal setting and recognition of staff.
- Responsible for coordinating opening and closing procedures, and all daily operating tasks of the crew.
- Promote neat, clean and organized work stations.
- Assist with the development of department strategic plans.
- Demonstrate exemplary attendance, punctuality, behavior and grooming/appearance standards.
- Assist with conducting interviews for Operators and Leads as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Either a minimum two years of previous leadership experience in Heavenly Lift Operations, two years previous supervisory experience within Vail Resorts, or applicable outside leadership experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a high work ethic and strong moral ethics
- Possess a valid driver's license..
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet goals and tasks.
- Have intermediate ski/snowboard ability.
- Ability and willingness to work outside, for a majority of the day, in extreme and varying weather conditions.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while ensuring the safety of our guests and coworkers.
- Ability to maintain an extremely high level of guest service.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours a day.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 344429