Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsible for lead function within front desk team. In addition to performing front desk functions, provides day-to-day work direction to team members; enforces policies and procedures; trains and guides staff as needed; and resolves issues and problems.
- Have basic knowledge of MARSHA reservation system and sold out night procedures
- Display a positive and motivating attitude in order to maintain a high associate morale
- Check in and check out guests according to the Vail Marriott standard operating procedures
- Always greet guests that come within the 15/5 rule.
- Always avoid slang or jargon of any kind. Ability to effectively use the L.E.A.R.N. technique for dealing with guest complaints. Facilitate guest requests
- Handle guest’s incoming calls within three rings with enthusiasm and great attention to detail. Use proper and professional telephone etiquette and report guest problems by using the AYS system.
- Enter guest incidents and requests into GuestWare, as well as, follow up and close out.
- Understand duties of all hotel departments to effectively connect incoming calls and solve problems. Demonstrate proper use of 2-way radio and paging system
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel information, local attractions, restaurant and transportation available around the hotel, as well as in house activities, in order to answer inquiries
- Maintain rate and credit integrity of the hotel and follow all proper procedures for posting charges and collecting payment for room and tax and incidental charge
- Understand and follow credit and cash handling policies and procedures, and know how to perform accurate adjustments and charges to guest accounts.
- Be responsible to verify associates shift closing and banks
- Professional demeanor and high work ethic is expected every day, regardless of the situation. Keeping a professional communication between all Guest, Managers and other employees is expected at all times.
- Cross-Train with management to ensure comfort with all FD procedures.
- Responsible for resolving customer issues and complaints by conducting thorough research into the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
- Motivate and constantly encourage associates to progress their knowledge, skills, and abilities for all FD procedures.
- First point of contact for all FD employees. Helps train associates by reviewing checklists, reviewing policies and procedures and answering questions.
- Conducts audit of the front desk agents
- Acts as Manager on Duty when necessary
- May help with hiring, staffing, scheduling, providing work direction and performance evaluations
- Other duties assigned by manager
- Ability to perform all duties and tasks associated with the Front Desk Agents
- Responsible for reviewing the laundry invoices and resolving issues due to past due accounts and incorrect postings
- Champion Front Desk Incentive Programs
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 263888