Aspen/Snowmass has four amazing mountains with a wide range of terrain to explore! The Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass are a collection of talented and inspired Pros who are committed to helping clients build confidence, understand the terrain, and guide them to the next place in their skiing and riding. Our Pros know more than just teaching; they are willing to share knowledge of the resort and community that can help shape an unforgettable experience for our guests. Find out more aspensnowmass.com/we-are-different/employment/career-paths/ski-and-snowboard-school and come join our team!
The Ski Instructor / Ski Pro, will teach skiing to individuals or groups of all ability levels, including children. Extensive training provided for inexperienced to advanced candidates. Applicants must have PSIA Level 2 or 3 or higher and/or equivalent certification and 2,000 documented teaching hours. Applications will not be reviewed until after June 1. H2B Visas are not available at this time; however J1 visas area available at candidate's expense. Placement/Connect J1 visas will be offered through select companies (see our international applicants page).
Essential Job Functions
• Teach and demonstrate skiing to class in a safe environment using a variety of teaching techniques as well as skiing techniques
• Must be able to teach a variety of lessons, including clinics for beginner and basic instruction
• Work with teams of ski instructors to organize classes and students according to individual student goals and abilities
• Must be able to work with fellow employees and on own with group of students
• Must be informed of ASC's intranet for scheduling
• Must be able to do work in a safe manner for both the guest and themselves while providing an exemplary guest experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 3 years full-time experience
• License and Certifications
• Level 2 PSIA Certification or higher and/or equivalent certification
• Needs to be able to ski, demonstrating maneuvers to students throughout the duration of a lesson for up to 6 hours per day
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.