Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Job Summary: A Snowcat Operator/Groomer will produce an exceptional snow surface and maintain the ski slopes during all snow and weather conditions to the highest possible standard.
- Responsible for the safety of fellow employees and guests
- Responsibility and sensibility to maintain safe snowcat operation
- Maintain mountain skiing surfaces to highest level possible
- Ability to learn how to operate all Slope Grooming equipment and develop general mountain knowledge
- Minimize down time through basic preventative maintenance, cleanliness and up-keep of machines
- Manual labor in other Slopes and Trails work
- Maintain good working relationship and communicate work instructions with co-workers
- Receive daily working instructions from Advanced Operators, Leads and Supervisors
- Daily, as needed, communication with shop mechanics concerning mechanical problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Graveyard Shift 12:00am – 8:30am
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions - required
- Satisfactory MVR check - required
- Must be at least 18 years of age - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs - required
- Must be able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently - required
- Team player and can work well in small groups - required
- Able to climb on and off the vehicles frequently - required
- Able to sit for extended periods of time while operating the snowcat - required
- Able to use two-way radios (both speaking and hearing instructions) - required
- End of season commitment required – required
- Ski and/or Snowboard – preferred
- In-person interview - required
Intermediate Level Groomer Requirements:
- 2-4 years previous grooming experience in addition to above skills and requirements
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 358028