Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The mission of the Marketing Analytics team is to leverage Vail Resort’s proprietary guest data to generate actionable insights that unlock value for the business. The team is responsible for informing insight-driven strategic decision making across the entire enterprise.
As the Data Engineer you will be developing the data products that enable and accelerate data science and analytics at Vail. You will have opportunity to build advanced machine learning models, explore new data sources, prepare, clean, and promote data through our analytic ecosystem. The Data Engineer will partner across the organization to create products that align with our current technology stack and explore new tools and methods to enhance the capabilities of our existing systems. This team will be the back bone of our advanced analytics and data science discipline by providing rich, trusted, and diverse sources.
Why this role is special
- We are a technology and data-driven business with a proprietary guest database unmatched by any other company in the industry
- You will be a critical part in the acceleration of our advanced analytics and data science programs
- We are an incredibly fast-growing company at the forefront of the Travel and Tourism industry – redefining the ski industry in the 21st century
- We are a group of motivated, ambitious, and forward looking leaders
- All the free skiing / riding you and your dependents can handle – free Epic passes, discounted lodging and retail
- [Develop] Execute performant algorithms leveraging Machine learning, create and support an efficient, clean, and valuable set of data products that push forward what is possible with our expanding data ecosystem.
- [Innovate] Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure with cloud technologies for greater scalability, etc.
- [Build] Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together.
- [Quality Assurance] Partner with team members to ensure the quality of every product produced. Due to the complexity of our work and the credibility we are trusted with, every piece we do must receive high levels of scrutiny.
- [Knowledge Base] Collaborate with business and IT resources to facilitate documentation of process, tools, and meta-data via our data governance platform in order to advance our discipline and protect our data assets.
- [Policy and Procedure] Adhere to all Vail Data Governance policies and procedures in enriching and protecting our data assets.
- At least 2 years’ experience with Enterprise Data required.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with at least one ML model: Regression, Gradient Boosting trees, Deep learning, etc.
- Previous exposure to development, documentation and maintenance of business data models
- Candidates must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strength in written and verbal communication. Excellent interpersonal, with the ability to communicate difficult concepts effectively.
- Highly collaborative approach and open communication style
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- High level of comfort with technology
- Relational database skills/understanding in a MS SQL environment
- Experience with a Data Science tool set including: Python, R, Alteryx, SAS
- Experience with analytic tools/software such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, MS Excel
- Working in on premises and cloud environments
- Familiarity with Vail Resorts and its operations is helpful
The budgeted range starts at $55,000-$81,150. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 297788