We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Job duties include:
- Administer programs involving electrical, mechanical and general construction, repair and maintenance of existing facilities and equipment.
- Assign and verify completion of routine maintenance and operations of physical structure of property, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and affective operation of the facility
- Ensures compliance with company policy on vehicle operation. Perform daily rounds-check boilers, pools, common areas, sprinkler systems, fire pump room, and fire panels.
- Visually inspect quality of work and direct staff and outside contractors in task according to performance and productivity standards
- Ensures compliance with company policy on vehicle operation.
- Insure all inspections and certifications for property equipment is completed as required.
- Maintain all Facilities and Operating Systems in a safe and efficient working order (i.e. Auto doors, exit doorways, required snow/ garbage removal). Will require lifting of 20 Lbs. or more.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, timely manner.
- Work with outside contractors to provide necessary improvements or maintenance as directed.
- To carry ladder up and down stairs with required tools (may exceed 20 lbs.). May require lifting arms above head and shoulders to work in ceiling (i.e. small leaks, electrical shorts, replace motors).
- Maintain records of all work activities and support materials
- Provide written reports to other departments as needed.
- Provide for safe disposal of all waste material.
- Maintain tools, equipment and vehicles and keep work area in safe, secure and efficient manner.
- Work with other departments when directed.
- Keep track of supplies and fill out requisition for needed supplies.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance records and schedules. Ensures compliance with company policy on vehicle operation.
- Ensure scheduling of engineering staff fits needs
- Maintain all pools and hot tubs according to OSHA standards
- Responsible for ordering parts and items necessary for repair of building and units.
- Oversee the training, counseling and discipline of engineering staff.
- Document engineering work in forms that can be directly applied to billing program. Assist with preventative maintenance in common areas, back of house and guest rooms
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend to any work orders, guest requests, housekeeping requests, front desk requests, and room calls.
- Consistently provide a professional manner when handling an internal or external quests.
- To maintain assets inside and outside of guest rooms and common areas, including mechanical rooms, kitchens, HVAC, Refrigeration, etc.
- Responsible for keeping all guest amenities in working order including pools and hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas and all building maintenance.
- Perform daily rounds including checks of the fire panel, sprinkler system, boilers and common areas.
- Attend to outstanding work order requests from guests or other departments.
- Assist with all upkeep and mechanical needs of the property
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Previous building maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbal and written.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Must be able to lift and move at least 50lbs.
The budgeted range starts at $20.00-$23.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343691