We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Directly oversee all aspects of the Lift Operations department: safety awareness, standards compliance, guest service. Help develop and carry out company and department goals to the lift operations leadership group and staff. Establish and maintain close working relationships with: Lift Maintenance, Ski Patrol, Ski School, and fostering good working relationships with all other Hunter Mountain departments.
- Deliver an “Experience of a Lifetime” to our guests and employees.
- Promotes a guest service culture within the department.
- Overall fiscal responsibility for department including department labor and supplies budget, staffing to budget and business volumes.
- Promotes safety culture, and leads with colleagues on enterprise-wide Lift Operations best practices group.
- Interdepartmental and intradepartmental relations to promote team unity.
- Oversee Supervisors and Training to operate within all applicable codes and standards: NYS, ANSI, OSHA
- Work with the Senior Manager Lift Maintenance in leading the lift operations management team through the development and implementation of all necessary department programs to provide for: staffing, training, safety, goal setting, employee performance and discipline, employee retention and incentive, payroll, work comp., code compliance and record keeping.
- Participate with Mountain Operations leadership group.
- Resolve guest complaints/issues.
- Resolve employee issues.
- Interact with all other Hunter Mountain and corporate departments as it pertains to lift operations.
- 5 years in a leadership capacity
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook and be able to navigate Corporate intranet sites
- Able to handle conflict with diplomacy and tact
- Be successful with influencing a positive culture, leading change, empowering the workforce and driving employee engagement
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Lift Operations experience preferred
- Advanced Skier or Snowboarder preferred
The budgeted range starts at $50,000 - $71,800. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 341668